At 2am on Sunday 30th October the clocks go back and we all get an extra hour to do with as we please! So how will you spend your extra 60 minutes?
21 years ago The Sleep Council decided to name this day National Sleep In Day. Designated the morning after the clocks go back as the one day of the year when we can linger in bed for a whole hour longer. Call us biased but for us it’s the perfect way to spend the extra hour!
As most of us don’t get the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep a night, this day provides you with the ideal opportunity to enjoy some extra time in the warmth and comfort of your bed, without any of the guilt! Having an occasional lie-in is important to catch up on missed sleep, but make sure your bed is up to scratch. It is important to ensure you are still getting the support and comfort needed for a refreshing night’s sleep.
The Dunlopillo Signature Collection of pure latex mattresses are designed to deliver long lasting performance by utilising their natural resilience to hold their shape and remain durable for years to come.
However for those active ones wanting to spend that extra hour being a little more productive when the clocks go back; we’ve come up with our top 10 things to do with those 60 minutes:
- Put your new found time to good use and make the most of the day’s first meal with a leisurely cooked breakfast.
- Never have the time to exercise? – Now’s your chance! Go to the gym. Ride your bike. Have a swim. Using this time to be active will make you feel much more energised and set you up for the day ahead.
- Go visit family you don’t often get to see or pick up the phone to an old friend.
- Treat yourself to a day of retail therapy.
- Get outside! Wrap up warm and have a long leisurely autumnal walk or take the kids to the park.
- Have a good clear out! Spending the extra hour decluttering your home or doing the jobs you NEVER have time for will work wonders for your mood.
- Potter in the garden and plant your winter bulbs.
- Pick up that book you’ve been dying to get stuck into.
- Take inspiration from this year’s Great British Bake Off and use that extra hour to get baking. Even better there’ll be a yummy treat for you at the end of it!
- Just relax – whether that’s having a bubble bath, making a start on that series you’ve been meaning to watch or listening to some music.
So are you #TeamSnooze or #TeamPowerHour? Vote over on our Facebook page.